LMB Ramadan Diary – 16th Roza
Prayer for the Day:
Today I’m going to put up a translation of a very common prayer everyone who performs namaaz knows. This is the one that is recited while rising from the ruku, i.e. “Sami’Allaahu liman hamidah” and it means, “Allah has Listened to the one who has praised Him.” Now this is what I call an affirmation.
Reconcile old or forgotten differences. “It is not permissible for a Muslim to keep apart from his brother for more than three days. If three days pass, he should meet him and greet him, and if he replies to it, they will both have shared in the reward, while if he does not reply, he will bear his sin while the Muslim (who offered him the greeting) will have been freed from the sin of keeping apart.” (Reported by Abu Dawud.)
Thought for the Day:
The Prophet SAWS said: “Through (a person’s charitable giving), Allah takes away arrogance and vanity.”
Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 3, Number 37B
Recipe of the Day: Toasted Chicken & Cheddar Sandwich
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for 2 servings:
• 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
• 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
• 2 cups bay leaf spinach (about 2 ounces)
• 2 slices whole grain bread
• 2 teaspoons grainy mustard (such as West brae)
• 4 ounces thinly sliced chicken
• 4 1/4-inch thick slices tomato
• 2 thin slices cheddar cheese, about 11/2 ounces
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook one minute. Stir in spinach and cook until spinach wilts, about 2 minutes. Remove spinach to plate.
3. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon of oil to skillet. Spread 1 teaspoon mustard onto each bread slice (one side only) and place bread, mustard side up, in skillet. Cook until bread is lightly browned on the bottom, about 1-2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and divide spinach mixture between bread slices. Pile chicken onto bread and top with thinly sliced tomato and cheddar cheese. Place skillet under broiler, about 4-6 inches from heat source, and broil until cheese melts and begins to brown, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.