Blaze incidents on the rise

There were no less than three serious fire-break-out incidences in the city yesterday out of which one about Rahat Bakery was quite timely reported by binary-zero.

The other two happened at two different educational institutions namely the Punjab University Old Campus on the Mall and Lahore American School on the canal.

Punjab University’s Khalid Bin Waleed hostel building caught fire due to short-circuit that spread to six rooms and burnt everything inside. Cause of fire at a Lahore American School store room, while there was a Halloween Party going on, is supposed to be a burning cigarette however, short-circuit still remains the prime culprit. Some high-profile guests including the US Consul General, Brian D Hunt were present at the LAS party when the incident happened.

Rescue 1122 and Edhi saved the day with their timely arrival at the scene. Although there was no human loss, total physical damage out of the three incidents is supposed to be in excess of Rs 5 million!

Find more details on the story, here and here.

2 Comments so far

  1. SELF (unregistered) on October 28th, 2007 @ 2:52 am

    Insurance scams? :P


  2. Pretty Simple (unregistered) on October 28th, 2007 @ 10:19 pm

    Oh, that reminds me of PACE back in early 2000s.



Terms of use | Privacy Policy | Content: Creative Commons | Site and Design © 2009 | Metroblogging ® and Metblogs ® are registered trademarks of Bode Media, Inc.